Preliminary Author Checklist
First and foremost the more specific Author Guidelines must be followed, below is merely a Checklist to make sure you have covered items needed for your initial submission.
- Submission is solely to the Journal of Sport and Health Science. During the reviewing process the paper is not submitted to other journals, and vice versa.
- A 1-page cover letter is uploaded as a separate file in the online system, including: 1) the study’s contribution to the scientific literature, 2) relation of the study to previously published work, 3) who the corresponding author will be, and 4) a statement signed by the corresponding author that written permission has been obtained from all persons named in the Acknowledgments, if needed.
- Text is in Microsoft Word file.
- A title no more than 150 characters, authors, affiliations, correspondence author’s e-mail address, and a running title no more than 50 characters are all included on a title page as the first page of the manuscript file.
- Abstract with 250 words or less and 3-5 Key words as the second page.
- For Original Articles and Meta-analysis, Abstract is structured with Objective, Methods, Results, and Conclusion. Abstract of Review article should be non-structured. Abstracts are not required for any other short pieces (e.g., Letter, Opinion, etc.).
- Manuscript is double-spaced, continuously line and pages numbered, and in a 12-point font.
- Body of the manuscript is 5000 and 6000 words or less for the main text of the Original Article and Review Article respectively, excluding abstract, tables, figures and references.
- IRB approval and written informed consent signed by participants are addressed in Methods.
- Define abbreviations upon first appearance in the abstract and the text. Abbreviations also should be defined in table footnotes and figure captions.
- People contributed to the work but do not meet our authorship criteria should be listed in the Acknowledgment with a description of the contribution. All sources of financial and material support are also addressed in Acknowledgment section after Reference.
- Authors are required to state their contributions to the manuscript in Authors’ contribution section after Acknowledgment.
- All potential competing interests are declared in full in competing interests section after Authors’ contribution and before Reference.
- American Medical Association style format (http://www.biomedicaleditor.com/ama-style.html) is used for reference citation.
- Tables and figures are inserted on separate pages and appear after the references.
- Captions or titles are typed on the same pages with tables or figures, but not need to be embedded.
- Apart from being inserted after Reference in the text file, figures are submitted as individual files, using Arial font. TIFF files with resolution of at least 300 dpi are required.
- Copyright permission obtained for all previously copyrighted material (e.g., figures, tables).